March Of Dimes

March Of Dimes
Help The Christian Family Support The March Of Dimes: Click to Donate Today

Monday, April 13, 2009

When is a tantrum, just a tantrum?

Do we ever really just think for a second, "When is a tantrum just a tantrum?" When was the last time you had a full blown tantrum? I know exactly when I last had one, so do my kids. I'm not sure who started it first, Isabella is 2, ok 2yrs and 3 months old and has definatly hit the "Terrible Two's". Who ever said they were terrible lied, thier out right nerve wracking! I found myself arguing with a 2yr old over breakfast. Kind of went like this...

Mom: Isabella, eat your breakfast

Isabella: no mama, I done! (Throwing food to the ever so eager dog)

Mom: You need to eat sweetie (Picking up what food I could rangle from the dog, 5 second rule applies)

Isabella: Nooooo! (Throwing cup)

Mom: Yes! (picking up cup)

Isabella: ahhh ahhha hhh! (more kicking and hitting)

Mom: ok ok fine! (taking her down from the table) There! go play! (frantically trying to compose myself)

Isabella: (in the sweetest voice imaginable, and cutest expression) 'tank you mamam
(as she skips out of the kitchen as if nothing had happened

Mom: (Thinking to myself...hello cybil!)

Next kid tries to get away without eating.

Brandon: Mom...I'm done (food not even touched)

Mom: You need to eat too! (already frustrated from dodging Isabella's kicking and screaming)

Brandon: I did...(tone is snotty as hell, BTW he's 7)

Mom:No...you didn't

Brandon: YES!! I DID!..(yelling at me and flailing his arms)

This triggered my flailing arms, only I had a new mop in my hands. Lets just say...

Tantrum had...and the mop lost! :-)

PS had to buy a new mop!