March Of Dimes

March Of Dimes
Help The Christian Family Support The March Of Dimes: Click to Donate Today

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Power of A Slurpee


When was the last time you found yourself bargining with your children? Yesterday, today, 10 minutes ago? I used to be one of those mom's who would question other mom's who would load up thier kids with a Slurpee in the middle of a store. Making all sorts of excuses as why my kids didn't get one, too much sugar, not good for your teeth, and the list goes on and on.

Ok so I got lucky - 3 out of 4 kids never really needed to be silenced with the almighty Slurpee.

Number 5..not so lucky. It's amazing how quickly I give in to the fussing in the middle of a store. How such a simple cup of frozen sugar and Co2 can silence even the loudest of kids. Yes...I admit it. I have joined the Slurpee club, and the Target popcorn club and any other club that will get me through the store without embarassing time-outs or the ever so calulated "side-swiping' of things off the nearest shelf within her reach. You know, the immediate response to the word "No." I find my self saying "Isabella no swiping, Isabella noooo swiping!" ("Dora The Explorer" reference)

The pros:
#1 kid is quiet
#2 chance to escape store without paying for broken items after tantrum
#3 Hey..the kid is quiet

The cons:
#1 kid is quietly prying lid off and dumping it on herself
#2 kid is now screaming because she dumped all her Slurpee out
#3 you breakdown and buy her another Slurpee because lets face it, you have to drive home now.

Props to the creator of Slurpee! Now if I can only drive by a Seven-11 without her noticing it...