March Of Dimes

March Of Dimes
Help The Christian Family Support The March Of Dimes: Click to Donate Today

Monday, April 27, 2009

Boys & Bees!



Boys and bees...never a good combo. There I was laying on my couch sick as a dog (never did get that expression) when I heard a comotion in the backyard and saw two shadows quickly flutter by the closed curtains only to hear...


"Open the door! Open the door!"

"Close the door! Close the door!"





Yes you guessed it. My husband Mark and of course my older son Mark Jr were trying to dodge a swarm of bees!

See my husband has this "Trashcan composting" thing going on in the back yard and hadn't turned it in about 3 weeks and well It was a matter of time before bees decided to set up camp. What a camp it was! We had BeeCause Inc. come out and remove them this morning. Kelly and her son Justin came prepared to remove the bees. I watched from the safety of my sons room while my 2yr old jumped up and down on the bed declairing "I like bees!"


I'm glad we found someone who knew what they were talking about, and instead of killing the bees they relocate them safely near a wildflower farm. They only charged a donation fee as they are a non-profit organization. Way better for our wallet and for our earth! Bee-sides they were just trying to find a place to make a home and now they'll have a safe one! Thank you Kelly!