March Of Dimes

March Of Dimes
Help The Christian Family Support The March Of Dimes: Click to Donate Today

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Simply Sick






Simply sick...that's what my friends are telling me. It's not that simple though. It all started with my older son, go figure he dragged something from HS home and came down with a really bad cold. Don't worry, he got over it in about 4 days. Lucky him. The rest of us not so lucky. One by one we have been dropping like flies. Oh and I almost forgot my hubby...he didn't get sick. Go figure?

If you go by my "Tweets" on Twitter it went something like this:

Day 1 (Friday)
Tweet: Brandon is sick as a dog
Day 2
Tweet: Isabella is sick too
Day 3
Tweet: Mom is dying on the couch
Day 4
Tweet: went to Dr. it's official, we're dying...on the couch
Day 5, 6, 7
Fever hits everyone we're all dying in the living room with the shades drawn
Day 7, 8, 9
Almost all are well - no fevers, eating etc...
except me! I have lost my voice. Have you ever tried to run a house with 4 kids, 1 husband, 1 dog, 1 bunny with no voice? I'm finding myself hitting the wall and snapping my fingers at people to get thier attention. Even my darling husband has made fun of me.

Yes! My loving husband of 16 yrs is making fun of how I talk. He was so kind to point out to me that I sounded like a deaf person trying to talk while he made hand jesters at me. "Thanks hunny!" So to complicate things my smart alecky kids got out the sign language book and have been signing to me all day. (BTW I don't know sign language!) That's ok...the days of take-out because mom is sick are almost over and they're going to have to eat my cooking again sometime! Haha