March Of Dimes

March Of Dimes
Help The Christian Family Support The March Of Dimes: Click to Donate Today

Friday, April 24, 2009

The Brownie Bandit

Ahhh, the wonderful smell of a well baked pan of brownies. Ok I admit it's not the best snack but hey...they we're 2 for $2. (Like that makes it ok) Say so long to the waistline!
You know it's bad when you finally take the pan out and start making the cutting lines in your head. Is it that time of month again? why am I craving brownies and why is it taking them so long to cool down? (And no I'm not pregant -mom)Finally! They're cool enough to cut. Two lines lengthwise, 4 lines widthwise. Ok so that makes 12 beautiful brownies. Yes- I was counting them. It was so bad last night I even wrapped them ever so carefully in tin foil a special way so if there was to be a discrepency in how many were left I would know "It wasn't me!" I was right to do so! There's a Brownie Bandit among us. Two of my presious brownies are missing! When you have as many kids as I do it's sort of like having mice in the house. They don't make a sound, leave crumbs everywhere and when caught they look so cute.

Until you realize "They ate my damn brownies!"
Let the interrigation begin!
As I back tracked to the precise second of when I wrapped them in foil I recalled each and every conversation I had had up until tonights dinner. (Amazing how I could remember that since I can't even remember what I ate for lunch) Mark Jr...has been cleared. He exchanged 1 brownie for doing dishes last night. Dad..cleared. (he had heard me hollering about brownies and declared "I haven't even had 1! I didn't know there where any!" ) Next is Brandon...All I have to do with him is point my finger at him and as "Did you eat a brownie without asking?" (eyes piercing his very soul) Because he's 7 he busts out giggling...yup he's telling the truth. If he wasn't he'd be looking at the ceiling rolling his eyes. Isabella didn't get any so she's clear. That leaves one person.....Miss Alicia!

Mom: (looking at her sternly) Did you take the brownies?
Alicia: Um....(hesitantly) Yeeeah?
Mom: You Brownie Bandit!
Alicia: I took some to eat with lunch, but I didn't pack much. (now realizing I now know she basically ate brownies for lunch)
Mom: Alicia!
Alicia: Well I wasn't going to say anything unless you asked!
Mom: Right! You stole my brownies!
Alicia: uhhhh (sheepishly grinning) I'll do the dishes....?

Well at least I don't have to wash dishes, my lovely daughter Alicia has offered to do them in exchange for "Mercy for the Brownie Bandit"

Darnit...now I have to make more!