March Of Dimes

March Of Dimes
Help The Christian Family Support The March Of Dimes: Click to Donate Today

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Glass! Glass! ...


You ever have one of those moments when you think &!@#?

Like when you drop a curling iron and you go to catch it out of instinct and think $@#!# because you thought it burned you, yet it didn't even come close? Or in an instant how you can anticipate how much something is going to hurt like when you swing a hammer and you know in a split second you already missed the nail and it's heading for your thumb?


Or like me tonight, reaching for the top shelf of the refrigerator (picture it...large glass bottle of apple sauce resting half on the top shelf)


As I reach for it, I already know..it's coming down baby! Big glass bottle and me standing in my bare feet.

In my feeble attempt to spare my feet from shards of applesauce and gloppy glass, despite giggles from my children who are sitting like Kings and Queens at my round table - I become the worlds worst jester juggler...


"Glass!" (panic has already set in)

"Glass!"( 2nd attempt to catch not going well...)

"Glass!" (half way down...)

"Holy Crap!" (as it bounces..yes bounces at my feet)


Whew!


One bottle of Ralphs Apple sauce $2.00

Money saved in paper towels $5.00


Watching mommy juggle glass apple sauce bottle while yelling "Glass! Glass! Glass! Holy Crap!"

Priceless