March Of Dimes

March Of Dimes
Help The Christian Family Support The March Of Dimes: Click to Donate Today

Monday, September 27, 2010

This Heats A Killer... Literally!

Today was not only a very hot record breaking day in Southern California in the middle of September, but it was a killer...literally!

Due to an unfortunate accidental moving of Bunny Avril's cage he succumbed to todays heat wave and laid down and died.

For those of you who know our house, we have no AC and face the wrong way for our house to have a nice breeze. This means we have to keep all blinds closed and windows shut until 4PM on hot days like today was.

It was at 4Pm when I opened the blinds to my horror to see the bunny's cage sitting next to the sliding glass door in the straight sun, covered with his "Fall" blanket for shelter from seasons dew drops.

It was too late..he was gone.

Oh the realization of what was to come... this is my daughter's 2nd bunny death. Five yrs ago April Bunny was bitten by a fly that laid fly eggs in her and we did not know this until she fell over one day and we discovered she was being eaten alive by maggots that decided to hatch on a very familiar record breaking hot day. Once again untimely heat has been our bunnies demise.

We will miss you Avril Bunny! RIP with your sister April Bunny.

on a different note, me being the mom I am that tries to find the humor in the bad realized the irony in my daughter having a "Bunny Suicide" calendar on her wall.

One of my friends asked...is there a picture of a bunny in a cage in the sun?

Sorry Alicia..I tried not to laugh! Really I did. :-)